How long can the good times last and when will it end?
This is the top talking point of the private equity industry. With a lot of dry powder and valuations trending upwards, some are concerned about GPs’ ability to put money to work without paying over the top. The buoyant fundraising market also poses a dilemma for LPs; how can they differentiate themselves and stand out from the crowd?
Money may be flooding into private equity right now, but this doesn’t mean less responsibility. If anything, ESG has become a mainstay of the industry in reducing investment risks. The importance of diversity with private equity – and how it drives higher performance – is an increasing focus of the industry.
Finally, everywhere you look it’s all about technology. What are the trends and opportunities in artificial intelligence, and where are the investment hotspots in venture capital? Hear from our exclusive panel on the latest hype over ICOs.
Find out more in the second edition of the 2018 SuperReturn e-Magazine, as we bring you the key investment trends and eMagazine exclusive videos from SuperReturn International 2018.
- Winter Mead, Principal at Sapphire Ventures
- Magda Posluszny, venture and growth equity investor, entrepreneur
- Sean Seton-Rogers, Partner at PROfounders Capital
- Helen Steers, Partner, Head of European Investment Team at Pantheon
- State of The Union: what’s happening in the private equity and private debt markets?
- ICOs: what are they and how will it disrupt the venture capital landscape?
- Europe under pressure - warnings from Yanis Varoufakis
- Chinese debt and macroeconomic reforms from Michael Pettis
- Private equity in 2018: pricing, fundraising and current value for deal activity