Late last year, TV Connect carried out a cross-industry survey of connected entertainment to understand the impact of disruptive convergence and the challenges faced in all sectors of the industry. Andy Fry reports
TV Connect’s survey, Disrupting The Connected Entertainment Value Chain, canvassed opinion from a wide range of companies and sectors. Geographically, it drew responses from the Americas, Europe, Middle East, India and Asia-Pacific.
The survey captured job functions covering product design & development, innovation, technology & engineering, sales & marketing, academia and analysis. From CEOs to students, the survey provided a snapshot of how the connected entertainment industry is managing rapid change.
The findings have been merged with the views of leading analysts and institutions to create this companion report. The end result is an overview of what happened in connected entertainment during 2016 and, building on the survey responses and analyst insights, the the key themes and trends that are likely to dominate the connected entertainment debate during 2017.
- Disruption is a commercial and creative opportunity
- Entertainment industry growth will continue
- Increased video consumption key revenue driver
- Innovation and technology will be key differentiators
- Sector distinctions are being eroded
- Mobile is front of mind
- Caution around the impact of VR
- Advertising will become a more complex business