As part of Patients as Partners Month, we spoke to six leading figures from pharma, CROs, academia and patient groups about the current state of patient-centricity in clinical trials. How can those running trials improve the treatment of patients and how big a difference does it truly make to research results?
The speakers include:
- Dr Richard Thompson: Scientific Officer at Findacure
- Rob DiCicco: VP, Clinical Innovation and Digital Platforms at GSK & Transcelerate
- Mike Jagielski: CEO at KCR
- Anna Matranga: Managing Director at AMC Alliances & Consulting
- Dr Kieran Doran: Senior Healthcare Ethics Lecturer at University College Cork
- Virgil Simons: President at Prostate Net Europa
Their answers ranged from patient input in end-to-end strategy, to collaboration between companies to create standardized solutions, to patient consent forms. Or indeed, is 'patient-centricity' simply a newly invented term for something that has always existed? Watch the full video above.