The shortlist of finalists has now been released for the Christine Pierre Lifetime Achievement Award (formerly the PCT Lifetime Achievement Award) in association with mdgroup, which will be presented at Clinical Trials Europe in Barcelona on 20 November. Voting is also now open.
The Lifetime Achievement Award celebrates the ground-breaking work and contributions of individuals across the field of clinical trials who are making a positive difference.
Last year, Christine Pierre, president and founder of the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) won the prestigious award, sadly just weeks after losing her battle with ocular melanoma. It has since been renamed in her memory.
In previous years, the prize was awarded to Dr Greg Koski, Chairman, Co-Founder & President / Chief Executive Officer at ACRES, and Associate Professor of Anesthesia, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School in 2017 and Jean Edwards, Procurement Director for Europe, Australia & Japan at Eli Lilly in 2016.
Who will take the trophy this year?
This year’s nominees are:
- Betul Erdoğan, GCTO Lead Turkey at MSD İlaçları Ltd.Şti
- Fady Saad, Researcher and Scientist-Clinical operations head Lebanon, Jordan, GULF and Saudi Arabia at Novartis
- Michael Makanga, MD PhD FRCP Edin., Executive Director at European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP)
- Estrella Garcia, Director Global Clinical Operations at Almirall
- Andreas Diacon, Founder, Director & CEO at TASK Applied Science
- Lisa Dilworth, Vice President, Rare and Orphan Diseases at Synteract
- Danielle Giroud, CEO at MD-CLINICALS
- Vivienne van de Walle, (Medical) Director / owner at PT&R (MD, PhD, CPI, FAPCR)
You are invited to vote for your champion before 12pm GMT on 15 November 2019. Cast your vote here.