Training Portfolio Director
Posted: 28 Nov 2018
Function: Senior Management, Training
Location: London, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Advert posted until: 21 Dec 2018
Telecoms & Tech Academy is a leading training partner to the Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT) industries, having trained more than 30,000 professionals and 500 businesses over the last 20 years
We have built a diverse and agile portfolio to meet the on-going challenges facing this fast-paced sector. Products include:
- 5G, Connected Innovation, Applications & Services
- 4G & LTE
- Network Technology
- Commercial Aspects of Telecoms
- Management, Innovation & Strategy
- Marketing, Sales & Customer Focus in Telecoms
Our flagship products are the Telecoms Mini-MBA and the Innovation Mini-MBA which launched in 2017 at London Tech Week in partnership with the Google Digital Academy.
All our training can be delivered face-to-face, in-house or online.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role of Training Director is to manage the international training division of the Telecoms & Tech Academy to produce high quality, commercially viable, market-driven courses to the Telecoms and Tech industries. The division has an annual turnover in excess of £1.5 million with a portfolio that includes public, on-site and digital Learning products.
Reporting to the Managing Director, primary responsibilities are to ensure that the division is offering commercially successful and relevant content and products for its market, that P&L targets are met; that KPIs and benchmarks are set to ensure appropriate commercial activity to hit set targets; that skills and competency levels are appropriate; that staff the team are trained and developed to the highest level of skill and performance.
- Leading P&L responsibility
- Ownership of business strategy and product development
- Driving revenue, profit and margin growth
- Building and developing a strong team to maximise business development
Key skills and competencies:
- Developing strategic growth plans for the business to include new product and brand development; reaching out to new target markets; increasing brand awareness on a global scale; enhancing the on-site customer value proposition.
- Leading the Sales and Marketing teams to drive and promote business opportunities on an international scale. Engaging with global clients and customers to build relationships and improve strategic communications at every level.
- Communicating a leadership presence and commitment to the brand to drive team motivation and creativity. Building a strong team to promote a positive-thinking culture. Acting as a motivator and supporter; compiling and implementing talent management strategies across all job functions; managing training plans and conducting formal appraisals and aspirational goals annually.
- Working directly with key stakeholders: Head of Marketing, Head of Business Development; Head of Product Development, Head of Logistics, Head of Telesales. Ensuring individual teams are maximising full potential and have clear business objectives. Maintaining paths for professional development and promoting an energised and creative work environment.
- Creating and managing financial forecasts, including KPIs, budgets and business plans; analysing financial data to give qualitative/quantitative feedback. Providing regular in-depth financial reports to the Managing Director to evaluate the performance of the business including producing monthly reports. Analysing market trends and implementing gap analysis and opportunity assessment for products.
- Responsible for creating and presenting the annual budget and business plan. This includes the main drivers and initiatives for future growth, gap analysis, talent management, quantative marketing analysis and a robust 3-year plan with projected figures.
- Market Insight: scoping of market size, emerging opportunities, competitor research, audience research and insight (customer segmentation and key driver analysis), identification of key topics utilising third party and proprietary research as well intelligence from in market relationships. Research and insight within communities (topics our audiences and our commercial partners will be interested)
- Works collaboratively with producers and commercial colleagues to create value across the business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years’ leadership experience within a training environment
- Strong team management skills, experience coaching, leading and developing cross functional teams
- Excellent communicator (all aspects, verbal, written, presenting etc.) with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual
- Value based business perspective/strong business focus
- First rate organisational and project management skills